Re: Do nested subdirs of source always require building temporary librar

From: cs
Subject: Re: Do nested subdirs of source always require building temporary libraries you don't install?...
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2003 15:39:48 -0700 (MST)

Dale

Thanks for the info.  You are right that you can add paths to source files
on xyz_SOURCE line.  If I didn't want to add paths (e.g. I had
a *ton* of directories and files) then I *must* make
a noninst_LIBRARY line and do a temporary non-installing library
right??

i.e. These are the *only* 2 alternatives right?

Thanks again,

Chris

P.S. If I did a noninstalling library would I need
AC_CONFIG_RANLIB macro *in general* if I wanted
portability beyond just Linux and Solaris??

> Is it really true you need to make a library just to have multiple
>
> levels of source?
>
> I can't believe it.

It's not true, you can have:
xyz_SOURCE =
   sub/foo.c
   sub/sub/bar.c

etc...

> And do you need AC_CONFIG_RANLIB in configure.ac as well?

Not if you only run on platforms that don't require "ranlib" - Linux and
Solaris for example.