Re: [autoconf] rpl library to make use of autoconf tests.

From: Mr E_T
Subject: Re: [autoconf] rpl library to make use of autoconf tests.
Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 07:54:27 +0800 (WST)

On Fri, 9 May 2003, [iso-8859-1] R?diger Kuhlmann wrote:

> >--[Mr E_T]--<address@hidden>
> > On Wed, 7 May 2003, [iso-8859-1] R?diger Kuhlmann wrote:
>                                     ^
> Please fix your email program.

Whats wrong with it ????

> Well, my test doesn't check for the other functions, but if snprintf() is
> broken, the others will be as well. Though I should add a check whether
> these functions at least exist. I'm not sure I like your test because it's
> calling the compiler just too much. Did I miss something or what's
> AN_FUNCTION() supposed to do?

To my understanding AN_FUNCTION just checks for the function - not whether it is
broken - apparently the some of the versions of snprintf overrun the buffer

> > I also had to add -
> > #if HAVE_CONFIG_H
> > # include <config.h>
> > #endif
>
> Yes, and a #define for PREFER_PORTABLE_SNPRINTF. The author said a while ago
> (half a year?) he'd fix the first in the next version due the next month,
> but that hasn't happened yet.

I knew that somthing was missing - thanx

> Unfortunately, I realized that it doesn't support positional arguments
> yet... and I might need that eventually. :-( I checked trio, but that's a
> whole lot more than just an snprintf() replacement...

Its good enough for basic string manipulation.

Thanx for the input.
--
regs MR E_T