Re: HPUX 11.00 with aCC vs. autoconf 2.57 [#8108]

From: Ossama Othman
Subject: Re: HPUX 11.00 with aCC vs. autoconf 2.57 [#8108]
Date: 19 May 2003 10:50:57 -0700

Hi,

On Sun, 2003-05-18 at 10:44, Thomas Dickey wrote:
> that's a workaround for a defect in glibc (has been in autoconf for a couple
> of years).  Ostensibly to provide a prototype for exit(), it actually is used
> to allow glibc to tack a "throws" onto the exit() prototype.

Including <stdlib.h> in confdefs.h causes other problems besides this
one.  For example, testing for functions with a C++ compiler with
prototypes defined in <stdlib.h> causes tests to fail since autoconf
generates a dummy prototype for the function.  Two different prototypes
end up being declared for the same function, which causes a compile-time
error, in turn causing the test to fail.

Must <stdlib.h> be included?  If it's only there to pull in the exit()
prototype, can we avoid including it by not using exit() in the
generated tests?  I'm not too familiar with how the generated tests are
supposed to work under the hood.  Do we really need to use exit()?

Thanks,
-Ossama
--
Ossama Othman <address@hidden>
1024D/F7A394A8 - 84ED AA0B 1203 99E4 1068  70E6 5EB7 5E71 F7A3 94A8