Re: Way to install only shared libraries

From: Stephen Torri
Subject: Re: Way to install only shared libraries
Date: 29 May 2003 17:14:49 -0500

On Thu, 2003-05-29 at 16:51, Assar Westerlund wrote:
> Stephen Torri <address@hidden> writes:
> > > c) add an option to libtool to not install the .la file and then have
> > > you Makefile.am use that.
> >
> > Option C looks better. What did you have in mind?
>
> Something like --disable-ltlibs that would make libtool not install
> the .la files.  The freebsd libtool port has done something similar to
> that for libtool 1.3.4 (see
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/devel/libtool/).
>
> Why do you care about the .la files being installed?

The .so files are modules, plugins, for xine. The other files are not
necessary. So rather than lead people astray by having two files we are
removing the .la files.

Now the flag --disable-ltlibs is applied to the configure script right?
Is there a way to make this default?

Stephen
--
Stephen Torri <address@hidden>