Re: Standard CFLAGS

From: Bill Wendling
Subject: Re: Standard CFLAGS
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 11:36:33 -0500

Also sprach Remko Troncon:
} > export CFLAGS=whatever
}
} Of course, but then i overwrite all flags that configure sets by
} default, and that's probably not very clean (although i don't think it
} makes a lot of difference at this point).
}
We have the same problem with our library. I use a home-brewed script to
remove the -g flag. Something like:

    CFLAGS_temp=""
    if test -n "$CFLAGS"; then
      for d in $CFLAGS ; do
        if test "X$d" != "X-g"; then
          CFLAGS_temp="$CFLAGS_temp $d"
        fi
      done
      CFLAGS=$CFLAGS_temp
    fi

There's only one drawback...if -g means something on another compiler, it
will remove that as well. However, we haven't run across such a compiler
yet (and we test on a bunch of weird platforms with different compilers
on each).