Re: Using AC_C_INLINE blows up C++ tests

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Using AC_C_INLINE blows up C++ tests
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 19:05:50 -0500

On Tue, Jul 01, 2003 at 09:56:59AM -0700, Paul Eggert wrote:

> That patch (archived in
> <http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/autoconf/2003-06/msg00099.html>)
> assumes that 'inline' always works with every C++ compiler.  Is this
> assumption correct?

I think it should be.  I don't have my copy of the first edition of
the C++ Programming Language handy, but I am pretty sure that inline
was described there.  If so, then even early versions of cfront would
have accepted inline by the time that book was published.  I would
expect that any useful C++ compiler should at least accept the inline
keyword.

jwe

--
www.octave.org        | Unfortunately we were hopelessly optimistic in 1954