Re: example configure

From: Guido Draheim
Subject: Re: example configure
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2003 21:55:07 +0200

I did configure with the --prefix switch (on the plain 0702g version)
and something seems to be wrong:
--
(configure of gai went ok)
cd example && configure '--prefix=/usr/local/Libs/gai'

Hi Jonas,

I had a similar report for another project where I did try the same
trick of `cd dir && sh configure $ac_configure_args` which I could
not reproduce. Now I was allowed to have a look at configure script
generated on your system, - and oops, it seems autoconf internals have
changed on that somewhere in between 2.52 and 2.57. There we have extra
"quotes (to) ensure accuracy". *sigh* so, I have to check again how to
ensure the intended goal to have a definite point (within configure
execution) plus some extra arguments for examples subconfigures...

see ya,
-- guido                                  http://google.de/search?q=guidod
GCS/E/S/P C++/++++$ ULHS L++w- N++@ d(+-) s+a- r+@>+++ y++ 5++X- (geekcode)