Large File Support

From: moseley
Subject: Large File Support
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 07:22:57 -0800

This is somewhat off topic so feel free to respond privately.

We want to add LFS to our package.  I currently do not know what this
involves:

I know there's the defines:

  -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE

but I'm not sure how portable that is.  Our package also gets built on
VMS and Windows (using MSVC) so I don't know how portable that is.

What I'm looking for is some example code that supports LFS, and that is
also built in multiple environments that includes Windows using MSCV.

Can anyone point me to some example source code?

Thanks,

--
Bill Moseley
address@hidden