Re: Poartble use of shared libraries when linking executables

From: Hrvoje Niksic
Subject: Re: Poartble use of shared libraries when linking executables
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 01:37:55 +0100

Albert Chin <address@hidden> writes:

> On Mon, Nov 10, 2003 at 09:02:43PM +0100, Hrvoje Niksic wrote:
>> I found a discussion about portable use of shared libraries on this
>> list:
>>
>>     http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/autoconf/2002-05/msg00124.html
>
> Ick.

Heh.

> A patch has already made it into libtool 1.5.x to fix the above
> problem.

Where can I find libtool 1.5.x?  Or is that an alpha version of
libtool?

> The solution is libtool. I'm sure the libtool list would be
> interested in any problems you find.

But *I*'m not particularly interested in debugging libtool if I can
help it.  I was merely curious about the status of inclusion of
AC_LIB_LINKFLAGS to Autoconf which was, according to Akim's response
to Bruno, supposed to occur in Autoconf 2.54.  If the decision on that
has changed, please just say so -- I guess I can always copy them
over.