Re: Default CGFLAGS

From: Ondrej Jombik
Subject: Re: Default CGFLAGS
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 12:52:07 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 5 Jan 2004, Ondrej Jombik wrote:

> On Sat, 3 Jan 2004, Scott James Remnant wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 2004-01-01 at 16:20, Ondrej Jombik wrote:
> > > I want to ask autoconf advanced users and/or maintainers, if there is
> > > a way how to define default CFLAGS for an application. These default
> > > CFLAGS has to be used, when CFLAGS are empty during ./confgiure run.
> > Before your call to AC_PROG_CC:
> > CFLAGS=${CFLAGS-"-some -other -cflags"}
> > The user can still call ./configure CFLAGS="" to override your defaults.
>
> Thank you for your answer. It looks like smart solution, what is exactly
> what I want, but it does not work anyway. :-(
>
> It seems, that even if CFLAGS are not specified on the command line,
> they are defined in the place of CFLAGS=${CFLAGS-"-some -other -cflags"}
> with default value "-O2 -Wall". I do not know where these come from, but
> I suppose these are some "autoconf" defaults. It is possible to change
> these defaults?

I finally discovered the problem. I had wrong ./rebuild script, which
suddenly exports CFLAGS to "-O2 -Wall". After removing such line, no
more problem occurs. The written solution works perfecly for me.

Sorry, for the confusion and again thank you for your guidance.

--
  _/|   Ondrej Jombik - address@hidden - http://nepto.sk - ICQ #122428216
 <_  \  Platon SDG - open source software development - http://platon.sk