Re: compile order of LDFLAGS and LIBS

From: Brian White
Subject: Re: compile order of LDFLAGS and LIBS
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 08:12:39 -0500

> > On Wed, 21 Jan 2004, Brian White wrote:
> [snip]
> > > I tried setting the LIBS variable to "-lc" on the command line (while
> [snip]
>
> > That sounds like a bug.
> FWIW: Having to explicitly pass -lc qualifies as a bug in their compiler ;)

I thought about that.  I figured that it was done to prevent accidental
inclusion of the c library (which is dependant upon the kernel) when you
may be compiling stand-alone code like bootloaders and such.

But I'm just guessing.

                                          Brian
                                 ( address@hidden )

"Everything that can be invented already has been."  --U.S. Patent Office, 1899