New install 2.59 - not seeing some m4 stuff?

From: Steve Huston
Subject: New install 2.59 - not seeing some m4 stuff?
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 12:43:26 -0500

I built autoconf 2.59 from source on Solaris 9. The configure, make,
and install appeared to go without error. However, when running
autoconf on an existing project, I now get:

configure.ac:1: error: possibly undefined macro: dnl
See the Autoconf documentation.
configure.ac:64: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_MSG_ERROR
... (more of these for AC_DEFINE, AC_MSG_WARN, AC_CHECK_FUNC, etc.)

Is there something obvious wrong here that I can check?

Thanks,

-Steve

--
Steve Huston, Riverace Corporation
Co-author of "C++ Network Programming" and "The ACE Programmer's