Re: solaris and -lintl problems

From: Russ Allbery
Subject: Re: solaris and -lintl problems
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 18:25:41 -0800

Lars Hecking <address@hidden> writes:

>  I have stopped installing gettext on Solaris altogether because it's
>  not compatible with the system gettext, and I kept getting linker
>  errors even after explicitly configuring packages with --disable-nls.

I've gotten it to work, but it requires being really aggressive about
making sure that the GNU version of libintl is always found before the
system versions.  (And with a sufficiently recent version of gettext with
a GNU iconv dependency, you also have to adjust for lots of applications
that don't check for libiconv and don't know libintl may depend on it.)

--
Russ Allbery (address@hidden)             <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>