Re: PACKAGE_NAME, PACKAGE_VERSION etc

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: PACKAGE_NAME, PACKAGE_VERSION etc
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 11:01:24 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004, Bruce Korb wrote:

> Why not just incorporate some variation on the "prefix" macro
> that modifies the names of all the #define-d macros?
>
>    my-config.h : config.h
>        sed 's/^#define /#define MY_/' config.h > $@
>
> Install "my-config.h".  Simple.  Effective.  Auto-somethingorother
> ought to be configurable to insert the prefix on its own, but this
> isn't exactly rocket science, either.

There is more involved since it seems that the source code (at least
the headers) needs to be updated to understand the MY_ variant of the
defines.  Additional Makefile rules would need to be added to ensure
that my-config.h is created before any compilation takes place.
Otherwise this approach seems pretty trivial.

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn
address@hidden