how to disable caching of result

From: Matthias Czapla
Subject: how to disable caching of result
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 01:09:18 +0200

Hi!

Im want to check for the presence of the GNU Readline library in a
configure script. On some systems we need to link to another library
in addition to readline for some terminal functions (e.g. tgetent).
I tried this:

AC_CHECK_LIB(readline, readline,,
        AC_SEARCH_LIBS(tgetent, ncurses curses tinfo termcap)
        AC_CHECK_LIB(readline, readline,,
                AC_MSG_ERROR([readline not available])
        )
)

This correctly determines the additional library required if the
test program used by configure doesnt compile with -lreadline
alone. However the second test for readline does not get invoked
because the result of the first test is cached. How can I tell
autoconf to forget the result of the first test before doing it
the second time?

Regards
Matthias