Re: Simple multilib project

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: Simple multilib project
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 09:29:44 -0600

Jon Beniston wrote:
> Can anyone point me to a very simple autoconf/automake project that
> builds multilibs for a cross-compiled target? I am having great
> difficulty in getting this to work, as in my project, all the libraries
> get installed on top of each other. (i.e. they all go in /lib instead of
> /target/config/config/lib etc). I'm using autoconf 2.59 and automake
> 1.7.9.

That sounds like the solution will be in the automake space.

Sorry but I am not cross compiling so no examples for you there.  When
you say all of the libraries get installed on top of each other do you
mean with the same name?  You will need to name each library uniquely
in your Makefile.am files.

Directly libabc Makefile.am:
  LIBRARIES = libabc.a

Directly libxyz Makefile.am:
  LIBRARIES = libxyz.a

That should install both libabc.a and libxyz.a into wherever you have
set 'libdir'.  And of course I left all of the details as an exercise
to the reader.

Bob