Re: ac_arg_enable invalid option

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: ac_arg_enable invalid option
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 12:48:55 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 24, 2004 at 03:40:04PM -0700,
>  John Ling <address@hidden> wrote
>  a message of 21 lines which said:
>
> > Hello, I am currently using ac_arg_enable to define several
> > --enable-feature options.  However, if a user were to specify an
> > --enable-feature option that was invalid (that I did not define in
> > my configure.ac).  How can I detect this and stop the configure
> > process from continuing.
>
> It is a feature, not a bug. From the documentation, node "Choosing
> Package Options":

Simply because it has been commented on so often, it must be regarded as a
bug(*).  I seem to recall it being suggested that an option be added to
force error messages in this case.

(*) except of course by those who prefer to blame users for tool defects.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net