2 questions

From: Wil Turner
Subject: 2 questions
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 15:30:45 -0400

Hi all,

I'm still getting to know the whole autoconf/automake/libtool system, so I apologize if these questions are really stupid...

1) configure is checking for Fortran compilers, but my project doesn't use Fortran. I found one of the fortran commands in the aclocal.m4 file that was generated by aclocal. Any ideas why aclocal thinks I need fortran?

2) I notice some other GNU projects I've compiled don't have the "checking the maximum length of command line arguments" test, which is time consuming. I'd like to get rid of this if possible. How?

Thanks!

Wil