Re: autom4te doesn't work over NFS under Linux 2.4

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: autom4te doesn't work over NFS under Linux 2.4
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2004 21:58:01 -0700

"H. J. Lu" <address@hidden> writes:

> But flock interface doesn't work over NFS under Linux 2.4. Can it
> use fcntl interface for file locking instead?

My understanding is that the usual workaround for that Linux NFS bug
is to build Perl with -Ud_flock.  But since your problem has been
reported before, an awfully hacky workaround has been installed into
CVS autoconf: see

http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/autoconf/autoconf/lib/Autom4te/XFile.pm.diff?r1=1.8&r2=1.11&diff_format=u