Re: AC_ARG_WITH

From: Stepan Kasal
Subject: Re: AC_ARG_WITH
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 10:19:23 +0200

Hello,

On Fri, Oct 22, 2004 at 04:20:18AM +1000, Russell Shaw wrote:
>   /configure --with-default-size=5.8

I still think --enable-default-size=5.8 is best suited for your needs.
But it's only cosmetic change.

> Maybe a new macro should be made for setting numerical defaults rather
> than aimed at package defaults.

I don't think it's worth it.  Your case seems to be quite unusual.
I'd guess that you could make the parameter configurable at runtime, in a
config file.

Perhaps like this:
1) get it from user config file
2) get it from system config file, installed with the package
3) get the hardwired default

If the package would install a default config file, you'd almost never
get to 3), so there is no need to make it settable by ./configure.

Yours,
        Stepan Kasal