RE: A newbie asks...

From: Guus Leeuw jr.
Subject: RE: A newbie asks...
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 08:35:37 +0100

Yes it is ;)

> 2. A header file which seems to be in different places on some platforms
>     (net/ethernet.h, sys/ethernet.h, and perhaps others).  What am I
> supposed to
>     construct to define something that will help me include the correct
> header
>     file?

AC_CHECK_HEADERS([some.h other.h])
Will generate #define HAVE_SOME_H and #define HAVE_OTHER_H if the headers
were found. Then in your code, you can do fancy stuff with the pre-processor
based on these #defines.
Also, there is quite a couple of predefined checks for special
headers/functions that you might to check out, e.g. AC_FUNC_SELECT_ARGTYPES

Regards,
Guus

---