Re: running config.status in subdirs

From: Andre Caldas
Subject: Re: running config.status in subdirs
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 09:58:30 +0900

Hi!

>    subdir=<..>
>
>    Makefile : Makefile.in
>    cd $(top_builddir) && ./config.status $(subdir)/Makefile
>
> where  "subdir"  is the relative path name. For instance,
> in "src/Makefile.in" subdir would be "src".
>
> My "problem"  is that I have to set "subdir" manually for
> each Makefile.in - but I would prefer that autoconf (resp.
> config.status) computes the value for me.

You don't need to set this manually. You can use pwd, for instance. Or you could use the preset variable abs_builddir. (I never tried it, though)

> I'm not sure whether autoconf can already do this - I do
> not think so.

I think it already does what you want:
- When I change the configure.ac "autoreconf is called and configure is called"
- When I change some Makefile.am, the Makefile is rebuilt.

Andre Caldas.