Re: AC_PROG_SED selecting correct sed for config.status

From: Stepan Kasal
Subject: Re: AC_PROG_SED selecting correct sed for config.status
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 01:21:53 +0100

Hi,

On Wed, Dec 29, 2004 at 05:04:35PM -0600, Albert Chin wrote:
> Prepending /usr/xpg4/bin to $PATH is likely to open up more problems.
> It's not the default on Solaris. And, probably for good reason (i.e.
> default behaviour is not what a typical Solaris user might expect).

yes, the official excuse for this is backward compatibility.

You may remove one of the messages, perhaps both, but the core of my
proposal is still there:

If /usr/xpg4/bin is available, insert it to the path at the beginning
of the configure script, in order to get working sed and awk.

I would prefer this solution.  I'll write a patch if Paul says that he
is going to accept it.

Regards,
        Stepan