Re: autoconf2.59 on rhel 3

From: Daniel Reed
Subject: Re: autoconf2.59 on rhel 3
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 14:43:15 -0500 (EST)

On 2005-02-09T11:40-0500, address@hidden wrote:
) I am trying to upgrade my autoconf from 2.57 (provided by redhat) with
) 2.59.  Since redhat does not yet supply an rpm for this version, I am

The upstream version that originally shipped with RHEL 3 is likely to remain
the only version provided for RHEL 3, so it's probably not a question of
"yet" :)

You may be able to use the latest rawhide RPM, available at:
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/i386/Fedora/RPMS/autoconf-2.59-5.noarch.rpm
rpm -Uvh autoconf-2.59-5.noarch.rpm

You can also rebuild the original SRPM to create your own RPM that will
properly obsolete the existing one. The SRPM is available at:
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/SRPMS/autoconf-2.59-5.src.rpm
rpmbuild autoconf-2.59-5.src.rpm

--
Daniel Reed <address@hidden>    http://people.redhat.com/djr/