autoconf 2.59 - Syntax error in autoreconf?

From: Stan Guillory
Subject: autoconf 2.59 - Syntax error in autoreconf?
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 16:29:37 -0600

Hello,
    I just upgraded our site to autoconf 2.59. I had to make a hand
edit to the autoreconf
perl script.  I had to change line 489 from:

mkdir $aux_dir
    or error "cannot create $aux_dir: $!";

to:

mkdir $aux_dir, 755
    or error "cannot create $aux_dir: $!";

That is the mkdir command requires two arguments, and the autoreconf
script was only
passing one. Is this a Perl version thing? We are on Perl 5.005_03. I
do have a faint memory
that someone on the list was thinking of dropping Perl 5.0 support.

Also, has 2.59 gotten a lot more picky about quoting arguments to M4
macros? I get a number
of warnings stating "incomplete quoting . . ." or something like that.

Thanks,
Stanford S. Guillory
Systems Engineer
Southwest Airlines