Re: AC_DEFINE_DIR in autoconf (was: Re: SYSCONFDIR: config.h vs. AM_CFLA

From: ibr
Subject: Re: AC_DEFINE_DIR in autoconf (was: Re: SYSCONFDIR: config.h vs. AM_CFLAGS)
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 21:40:29 +0100

On Fri, Mar 11, 2005 at 05:54:32PM +0100, Stepan Kasal wrote:
> make prefix=anotherprefix
>
> make prefix=yetanother install
>
> Your config.h approach doesn't allow the user to redifine prefix for
> "make all", even though it allows them to redefine it for "make install".
>
> (Not that I know what is this requirment good for.  I don't advocate the
> standard, I just explain what conforms to it and what doesn't.)

I see, but I fail to find a place in GCS that requires that make
prefix=anotherprefix should redefine prefix for make all. All I could
find is that prefix should be redefinable for installers, which makes
sense, and which works perfectly with paths hard-coded in config.h. So
why just not include AC_DEFINE_DIR in autoconf?

With kind regards,
Baurzhan.