Re: autoconf test for dllimport-ed function?

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: autoconf test for dllimport-ed function?
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 11:17:50 +0200

* Angus Leeming wrote on Mon, Apr 18, 2005 at 08:12:18PM CEST:
> I've been trying to get autoconf to generate a test for GetLongPathNameA
> under MSYS. The obvious however does not work:
*snip*
> What I want is an autoconf test equivalent to:
>      #include <windows.h>
>
>      int main() {
>          char path[10];
>          GetLongPathNameA("", path, 0);
>          return 0;
>      }
>
> which preprocesses to
>
>      typedef unsigned long DWORD;
>      typedef char CHAR;
>      typedef const CHAR *LPCCH,*PCSTR,*LPCSTR;
>      typedef CHAR *PCHAR,*LPCH,*PCH,*NPSTR,*LPSTR,*PSTR;
>      __attribute__((dllimport)) DWORD __attribute__((__stdcall__))
>          GetLongPathNameA(LPCSTR,LPSTR,DWORD);
>
>      int main() {
>          char path[10];
>          GetLongPathNameA("", path, 0);
>          return 0;
>      }
*snip*
> Any suggestions?

You should be able to use AC_TRY_COMPILE or AC_COMPILE_IFELSE to create
a macro, say AC_CHECK_WINDOWS_FUNCS, which does something like
AC_CHECK_FUNCS for MSYS.

Obviously, such a thing will not be very portable.  But if it turns out
to be useful, the autoconf archive might want to include it.

Regards,