RE: autoconf

From: Carl Nicol
Subject: RE: autoconf
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 15:11:08 -0500

Ok, I've got my first hack working, and autoconf/aclocal no longer has a
problem.

Thanks Paul, I never would have thought it was m4, though I had ran out of
all my other ideas.

I'll see if I can use the file you sent me as a back burner project. In the
meantime, I'm going to clean up my code and offer it to the m4 group.

I do have another question. Is size_t relatively reliable these days, That
is, should I worry about it making the code less portable?

I have found in porting HP-UX, Solaris, Linux, and AIX code to Tru64, that
if I just let size_t define the index size, then I don't have to
specifically code for it.

If anyone else needs the package for Tru64, just email me... Carl