possibly undefined macro: jm_AC_PREREQ_XSTRTOIMAX

From: Bruce Korb
Subject: possibly undefined macro: jm_AC_PREREQ_XSTRTOIMAX
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 12:29:46 -0700

Hi all,

"sharutils" contains a file named, "m4/xstrtoimax.m4" and "autoreconf" is
invoked thus:

  autoreconf --force --install --include=m4 -Wall

"configure.ac" contains a line:  jm_AC_PREREQ_XSTRTOIMAX, and so does the
resulting configure file, yielding the error message:

> configure.ac:98: error: possibly undefined macro: jm_AC_PREREQ_XSTRTOIMAX
>       If this token and others are legitimate, please use m4_pattern_allow.
>       See the Autoconf documentation.

The .m4 file is below, in case that might be helpful.  It is the _only_
native .m4 file sharutils has.  The rest are pulled in via the autoreconf
command (log attached).

Help?  :-)  Thank you.  Regards, Bruce
#serial 2
dnl Cloned from xstrtoumax.m4.  Keep these files in sync.

# autoconf tests required for use of xstrtoimax.c

AC_DEFUN([jm_AC_PREREQ_XSTRTOIMAX],
[
  AC_REQUIRE([gt_TYPE_INTMAX_T])
  AC_REQUIRE([jm_AC_TYPE_UINTMAX_T])
  AC_REQUIRE([jm_AC_TYPE_LONG_LONG])
  AC_REQUIRE([jm_AC_TYPE_UNSIGNED_LONG_LONG])
  AC_CHECK_DECLS([strtol, strtoul, strtoll, strtoimax, strtoumax])
  AC_CHECK_HEADERS(limits.h stdlib.h inttypes.h)

  AC_CACHE_CHECK([whether <inttypes.h> defines strtoimax as a macro],
    jm_cv_func_strtoimax_macro,
    AC_EGREP_CPP([inttypes_h_defines_strtoimax], [#include <inttypes.h>
#ifdef strtoimax
 inttypes_h_defines_strtoimax
#endif],
      jm_cv_func_strtoimax_macro=yes,
      jm_cv_func_strtoimax_macro=no))

  if test "$jm_cv_func_strtoimax_macro" != yes; then
    AC_REPLACE_FUNCS(strtoimax)
  fi

  dnl Only the replacement strtoimax invokes strtol and strtoll,
  dnl so we need the replacements only if strtoimax does not exist.
  case "$jm_cv_func_strtoimax_macro,$ac_cv_func_strtoimax" in
    no,no)
      AC_REPLACE_FUNCS(strtol)

      dnl We don't need (and can't compile) the replacement strtoll
      dnl unless the type `long long' exists.
      if test "$ac_cv_type_long_long" = yes; then
        AC_REPLACE_FUNCS(strtoll)
      fi
      ;;
  esac