Re: problem to use autoconf/automake

From: Stepan Kasal
Subject: Re: problem to use autoconf/automake
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 22:46:35 +0200

Hi,

On Mon, Apr 25, 2005 at 08:43:40PM +0200, Nicolas Haller wrote:
> But I have a problem but I don't know if it's an automake or an autoconf
> problem.
> So I want all object file and program in build directory

it's a natural requirement.  And you are right, this question ocuppies both
the land of autoconf and the land of automake.

When you use autotools, the solution is slightly different than you might
expect.  Please have a look at
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/autoconf/2005-04/msg00032.html

The nice think about that trick is that it works with every package, even
if the maintainer doesn't care about it.

HTH,
        Stepan Kasal