Re: [Groff] Fw: ac_ext problems

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: [Groff] Fw: ac_ext problems
Date: Fri, 06 May 2005 13:54:11 -0700

Keith Marshall <address@hidden> writes:

> On Friday 06 May 2005 8:09 pm, Zvezdan Petkovic wrote:
>> Obviously only gmake recognizes .cpp as a C++ file on a Unix system.
>> With older version of gmake on a different Unix machine .cpp has not
>> been recognized.

Sorry, I don't get the connection here.  The extension in question is
used to do things like have "configure" invoke "CC conftest.cpp"; it
isn't used for Makefiles, as far as I know.

> This is precisely the reason why I suggested a slightly more sophisticated
> patch, than the one which has actually been applied.

It would be nice to determine the C++ extension automatically, I
suppose.  Failing that, a documented approach along the lines that you
suggest would be OK, if it's needed.  Is it needed?  If so, can you
propose a patch along those lines?