Re: calling AC_CANONICAL_HOST twice?

From: Stepan Kasal
Subject: Re: calling AC_CANONICAL_HOST twice?
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 18:04:05 +0200

Hello,

On Sat, Aug 20, 2005 at 01:04:44PM +0200, Harald Dunkel wrote:
> Noah Misch wrote:
> >
> > If you currently call AC_CANONICAL_HOST from one of your own macros, replace
> > those calls with `AC_REQUIRE([AC_CANONICAL_HOST])'.  If you call it from
> > the top
> > level, defun a macro that makes that call and then call your macro.  Like
> > this:
> >
> > AC_DEFUN([some_name], [AC_REQUIRE([AC_CANONICAL_HOST])])
> > some_name
> >

> Would it be possible to rename the existing AC_CANONICAL_HOST
> into _AC_CANONICAL_HOST_STUB, and define a new
>
> AC_DEFUN([AC_CANONICAL_HOST], [AC_REQUIRE([_AC_CANONICAL_HOST_STUB])])

I don't think this would be the best solution, because of the known
problems with AC_REQUIRE.

But why is it necessery to use AC_DEFUN_ONCE?  The code is inside a
AC_CACHE_CHECK, so it doesn't matter much if it is expanded several times.

Attached please find a patch.  (Without a changelog entry, sorry.)
OK to commit?

Stepan