Re: [vsipl++] Re: overriding autoconf's own exeext detection

From: Stefan Seefeld
Subject: Re: [vsipl++] Re: overriding autoconf's own exeext detection
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 12:08:29 -0500

Ralf Wildenhues wrote:

Does the patch below fix it?

It looks good, though there is at least one more extension: '.inf',
which is generated with optimization. Other files with extensions
'.dbo', '.dla', etc. are created when object files are produces,
but these don't seem to confuse configure.

From a look into the relevant code it seems it would be
possible to fix this by adding some extensions to the
exclusion list, though I'm not sure how robust / scalable
a solution that is.

Well, a shell pattern for exclusion is cheap, and the number of
different things to exclude seems not so high, so I think that's
the best solution for now.  Until one compiler produces an extension
that needs to be excluded for another one.

That's exactly my concern. As you can see above, the list of
extensions to be excluded is growing...

Also, if I want to avoid upgrading autoconf, is there a way
to fix the problem locally, say, in my aclocal.m4 file ?

Thanks,
                Stefan