Re: Tools under Windows

From: Keith MARSHALL
Subject: Re: Tools under Windows
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 09:13:17 +0000

Howard Chu wrote, quoting BRM:
>> I´m taking a look at Msys/MingW now. Its worked best
>> so far - though a script is failing. I got it to run
>> by running the VC build environment (e.g. vcvars.bat)
>> and then running the msys environment (msys.bat) to
>> enter into the msys shell.
>>
>> Thanks for the tip on cccl. I´ll be sure to look into
>> that too; may be its a combination of the two.
>
> Yes, we use Msys/MinGW for our Windows distributions. I just
> added a "call <path>\vcvars.bat" into msys.bat so that gets
> set up properly.  We also use cccl, although with some
> additional customization.

Would there be any advantage to you, if I were to add a user
customisation hook into the distributed msys.bat, so you wouldn't
need to hack your own customisations in, any time you upgrade?
(Say, have it call msysite.bat, if it exists in the msys startup
directory, just before invoking either rxvt.exe or sh.exe)?

Regards,
Keith.