Directory recursion

From: Daryl Lee
Subject: Directory recursion
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 09:58:20 -0700

For my introduction to autotools, I'm trying to "autoconfiscate" a
project and cannot get the top-level Makefile to handle the directory
structure.  The all-am: rule is empty--it has dependencies on Makefile
and config.h, but no action inside the rule.
   all-am: Makefile config.h
   installdirs:

The directory structure looks like:
  top
  +---src
      +-- sub1
      +-- sub2
In the top folder, in configure.ac, I have:
   AC_CONFIG_FILES([Makefile src/Makefile
                    src/sub1/Makefile
                    src/sub2/Makefile])
The top-level Makefile.am is a one-liner:
   subdirs = src
and the src/Makefile.am is also a one-liner, pointing to the two
subfolders:
   subdirs = sub1 sub2

I'm sure I must be missing something in my configure.ac, but I'm at a
loss to know what.  The output of ./configure looks reasonable, with all
the Makefiles being built at each level.  The "leaf node" makefiles all
look reasonable and execute as expected (considering that I still have
work to do in other areas).  It's just that the two Makefiles that
should be diving down into the source tree just stop.

--
Daryl Lee
Open the Present--It's a Gift.