Problem Autotesting executables

From: Nathaniel D. Sizemore
Subject: Problem Autotesting executables
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 17:34:28 -0700

I've a project using Autotest to, well, test executables. :-) My testsuite.at file looks like the following:

m4_define([AT_CHECK_FOO], [
AT_SETUP()
AT_CHECK([foo], [], [stdout])
AT_CLEANUP()
])

AT_CHECK_FOO()

In the example above, foo is an executable that returns 0 on success. However, when I run this test, it always fails, and I've no idea why. Looking at the log, 'foo' is indeed running, but Autotest still claims failure. I've tried changing the AT_CHECK macro to things such as

AT_CHECK([foo], [0], [stdout])
AT_CHECK([foo], [], [])

all to no avail. I'm probably doing something trivially wrong, but I can't seem to find it.

Autoconf 2.59, if you've wondering. :-)  Thanks for the assistance!

--
Nathaniel D. Sizemore, Technical Staff
Tech-X Corporation | 5621 Arapahoe Ave Suite A | Boulder, CO  80303