Re: double underscores in autoconf-defined symbol names

From: Keith MARSHALL
Subject: Re: double underscores in autoconf-defined symbol names
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 15:44:41 +0000

Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
> I want configure to work with both mingw32 and cygwin and one of
> them (I think it was cygwin but I'm not 100% sure; I can recheck
> it though) has only _snprintf but not snprintf.

Hmm.  This trivial configure.ac:

  AC_INIT
  AC_CHECK_FUNCS([snprintf _snprintf])
  AC_CONFIG_HEADERS([config.h])
  AC_OUTPUT

results in a configure script which says "yes" for *both* snprintf
*and* _snprintf, both when I run it under Cygwin, and under MSYS/MinGW,
and it #defines both HAVE_SNPRINTF and HAVE__SNPRINTF appropriately,
in both cases.

Regards,
Keith.