Re: ac macros and ac releases

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: ac macros and ac releases
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 06:56:43 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 3 Feb 2006, Thomas Porschberg wrote:

how can I find out when a certain autoconf macro was
introduced by autoconf ?

Since the autoconf maintainers choose not to provide any relevant information, your only recourse is to read the CVS for the corresponding
files.

E.g. when I run autoconf with the --warnings=all option
I get good advices how to improve my macros.
However I guess when I upgrade the macros I'm indeed on top
with the current autoconf release but possibly break some
older versions of autoconf.
I want introduce a AC_PREREQ([2.xx]) at the top of my configure.ac
to avoid sich problems.

( good luck ;-)

--
Thomas E. Dickey