Re: configure problems with the C for AIX compiler and AIXV5.x

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: configure problems with the C for AIX compiler and AIXV5.x
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 19:49:59 -0800

Stewart Dean <address@hidden> writes:

> Might I ask for support in autoconf/configure for AIX V5.x and the
> current C for AIX compiler, V6/7/8, which goes under the name xlc,
> NOT xlC.

Yes, but we could well need help from you for this, since I don't use
AIX and don't have ready access to an AIX system.

You could start with CVS Autoconf
<http://savannah.gnu.org/cvs/?group=autoconf>.  It has some fixes in
the AIX area.  If you build and use the latest version, does it
generate configure scripts that work for your AIX host?  If not,
what's missing?