Re: Qs: -pthread, make builds warns be errors, etc

From: Matt England
Subject: Re: Qs: -pthread, make builds warns be errors, etc
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 00:24:36 -0500

Trying answer at least one of my questions on my own:

At 4/22/2006 11:27 PM, Matt England wrote:
* Is the autom4te.cache generation (on my autoconf-2.59 system) optional?

I'm trying to minimize the file clutter that autoconf generates in my developers working filesystem areas (eg, 'svn status' looks messier then need be after running ./configure). Is autom4te.cache directory needed, and if not, is there a way I can eliminate it's creation in the configure.ac script? Is it fair to say that this autom4te.cache dir isn't used/read by a human (something that one can not also say for config.log) and therefore could be made optional?

http://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf/manual/autoconf-2.57/html_chapter/autoconf_8.html#SEC99

FWIW, I would really prefer that one be able to control autom4te activity from configure.ac.

-Matt