Re: macro reuse

From: Thomas Porschberg
Subject: Re: macro reuse
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 14:35:40 +0200

for my problem with the m4 macros for boost I think I can go the
following way:

I provide ac_boost_base.m4 which does the version check and defines
Boost users who only want use the template libs from boost have only to
include this macro.
Boost users who want use the compiled libraries like date_time,
program_options, thread... have to call AX_BOOST_BASE first and
afterward the special macros like AX_BOOST_DATE_TIME,
At that time the include/linker flags are already known and we can try
to compile and link a small program with the special library. could look like:

configure --help
gives now

                          use boost (default is No) , specify the root
                          directory for boost library (optional)
                          use the program options library from boost,
                          a preceding call to AX_BOOST_BASE
  --with-boost-date-time  use the Date_Time library from boost,
                          requires a
                          preceding call to AX_BOOST_BASE

The user can call configure for example:
./configure --with-boost=/opt/boost --with-boost-program-options

I uploaded as tiny

Any thoughts ?