Re: Comma in AS_HELP_STRING string

From: Stepan Kasal
Subject: Re: Comma in AS_HELP_STRING string
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 11:46:37 +0200

Hello,

On Tue, Jun 13, 2006 at 11:36:40PM -0700, Micah J. Cowan wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 13, 2006 at 08:17:01PM -0500, address@hidden wrote:
> > AS_HELP_STRING([--with-wx=opt1,opt2], [specify 2 options separated by
> > comma])
> Have you tried an extra set of []s?

this is known bug in AS_HELP_STRING.  Unfortunately, we have not
managed to solve it for the upcming release, Autoconf 2.60.

As a workaround you could try to add _three_ pairs of brackets:

AC_ARG_ENABLE([jooo],
[AS_HELP_STRING([[[[--enable-jooo=one,two]]]], [the long text
the long text the long text the long text the long text the long text
the long text the long text the long text the long text the long text
the long text the long text the long text the long text the long text
])])

It seems to work with 2.59 and the 2.60 pre-release.

(But I suppose that with 2.61 two or three of the bracket pairs will
be displayed.  Nothing serious, just cosmetics.)

Hope this helps,
        Stepan Kasal