Re: AC_CHECK_FUNCS(sigsetjmp)

From: Bruce Korb
Subject: Re: AC_CHECK_FUNCS(sigsetjmp)
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 09:47:05 -0700

Paul Eggert wrote:

This macro does not work when the headers #define sigsetjmp to
something else.

Since sigsetjmp might be a macro without a function but might be a
function, which is a bit unusual, I suggest "#if defined sigsetjmp ||
HAVE_SIGSETJMP".
Hi Paul,

Thank you. Clearly, for my own sources I have worked around the issue.

The real problem that I was trying to illuminate is that the fact that if a particular
interface was implemented as a macro then the AC_CHECK_FUNCS() breaks.
Some seem to argue that one should always know if a particular interface might
be implemented as a macro (or compiler internal?). If so, then you have to
roll your own autoconf macro. My point is that it would be more user friendly
if AC_CHECK_FUNCS (or a newly named AC macro) were to presume that if
either you could link to the external name or if the external name were #define-d,
then you #define HAVE_INTERFACE.

Thanks again. Regards, Bruce