[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: conftest files
Re: conftest files
Fri, 25 Aug 2006 14:29:41 +0200
This thread seems to have died down without conclusion.
Christopher had a problem with configure link test file leftovers
spoiling following tests, with some PGI compiler:
* Christopher Hulbert wrote on Tue, Aug 15, 2006 at 11:19:38PM CEST:
> On 8/13/06, Stepan Kasal <address@hidden> wrote:
> >> >On Fri, Aug 11, 2006 at 08:52:00AM -0400, Christopher Hulbert wrote:
> >> >> information, so the PGI compiler creates some updated IPA information
> >> >> for the conftest. When testing for the next library compiled without
> >> >> IPA information, it doesn't overwrite the original IPA file and gets
> >> >> an undefined symbol resulting from the first library.
> >at the end of AC_LINK_IFELSE (formerly AC_TRY_LINK), the generated
> >files are deleted. What is the name of the filei(s) with IPA
> >information? Perhaps it should be deleted, too.
> I guess the problem from an autoconf standpoint is it's compiler
> dependent and even file dependent. In this case the filename is
> conftest_ipa8_conftest.oo. The lastpart is the name of the output
> executable (conftest). The 8 is the length of the executable filename.
> The extension .oo is the optimized object file so that linking *.o
> wouldn't pull in the ipo optimized objects.
and PGI compilers 5.2, 6.0, 6.1, on GNU/Linux, and
./configure CC=pgcc CFLAGS=-Mipa
Also, the manpages state that IPA files are named:
| file.ipa InterProcedural Analyzer (IPA) file
| file.ipo InterProcedural Analyzer (IPA) file
but I find neither of them lying around
* Paul Eggert wrote on Wed, Aug 16, 2006 at 07:27:22PM CEST:
> Stepan Kasal <address@hidden> writes:
> > 2006-08-16 Stepan Kasal <address@hidden>
> > * lib/autoconf/general.m4 (_AC_LINK_IFELSE): Remove the IPA/IPO
> > file created by the PGI compiler.
> That'd be fine with me, if it does fix the problem. Thanks.
Re: conftest files,
Ralf Wildenhues <=
Re: conftest files, Christopher Hulbert, 2006/08/25
- conftest files, Christopher Hulbert, 2006/08/11
- Re: conftest files, Albert Chin, 2006/08/11
- Re: conftest files, Christopher Hulbert, 2006/08/11
- Re: conftest files, Stepan Kasal, 2006/08/13
- Re: conftest files, Christopher Hulbert, 2006/08/15
- Re: conftest files, Stepan Kasal, 2006/08/16
- Re: conftest files, Paul Eggert, 2006/08/16
- Re: conftest files, Albert Chin, 2006/08/16
- Re: conftest files, Stepan Kasal, 2006/08/17