Re: Question regarding sscanf() vs. off_t and similar

From: Stepan Kasal
Subject: Re: Question regarding sscanf() vs. off_t and similar
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 13:17:20 +0200

Hello,

On Thu, Sep 14, 2006 at 04:41:30PM +0200, Philipp Marek wrote:
> > Gnulib provides umaxtostr.c, which is a convenient way of printing any
..
> arguments, and if umaxtostr() is not available on solaris etc. I can't use

gnulib is not "GNU Lib C", it's a collection of small C code
snippets, which you add to your project.  So with gnulib, "make" will
build umaxtostr() and you will be able to use it in the rest of your
project.

It is possible that you are not ready to use gnulib with your
project, yet there is no need to duplicate the work: just grab the C
source, plus the correspoding Autoconf macros from gnulib.  (If your
project is compatible with the GNU licence.)

Stepan Kasal