Re: Optimizing ./configure

From: Debarshi 'Rishi' Ray
Subject: Re: Optimizing ./configure
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 21:03:32 +0000

Not really.  AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE depends on some of these tests, and
AM_GNU_GETTEXT depends on quite a few tests (AC_CHECK_PROG may depend on
one, too, and AC_INIT has some blurb).  You may ask on the gettext
mailing list (bug-gnu-gettext aka. bug-gnu-utils) about whether the set
of dependencies can be relaxed; but I would not hope for much there.
(I know that AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE cannot spare much of its dependencies.)

Using a cache file
  ./configure -C

helps speed up configure reruns.

I think the newest gettext should not be checking for stdlib.h any more,
at least if it follows the lead of Autoconf to assume a C89 compiler
now.

Thanks a lot for the help. :-)

Happy hacking,
Debarshi
--
Anything free is worth what you pay for it.