adding libraries and header file directories

From: Jim Rainville
Subject: adding libraries and header file directories
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 17:27:06 +0100

Hi -

I'm new to autoconf so what I'm asking is probably really simple but I
couldn't find the answer in the archives.

I am trying to add some functionality to a sw package that uses
autoconf. To add this functionality I would like to link in some
libraries and include some header file paths so that existing code in
the package could make function calls into my libraries. There is a huge
file with the software package called configure.ac. I understand that I
have to add something to this file then run bootstrap but I'm having a
hard time figuring out exactly what to add to this file.

Thanks in advance.

Jim