Re: After upgrade autoconf from 1.13 to 2.57, I experienced some problem

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: After upgrade autoconf from 1.13 to 2.57, I experienced some problems - HELP
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 06:18:16 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 7 Dec 2006, Andreas Schwab wrote:

Thomas Dickey <address@hidden> writes:

On Thu, 7 Dec 2006, Andreas Schwab wrote:

Thomas Dickey <address@hidden> writes:
In contrast, I can plug current ncurses libraries into a system that's
built with ncurses 5.0, and just assume it'll work.  That's from 1999.

That's not a useful comparison.  How many new features have been added to
ncurses in the last 6 years?  Also, try compiling the 6 years old code

A lot more than autoconf.  Run a diff and compare.

A diff doesn't say anything.  The NEWS file lists only bug fixes, AFAICS.

duh.  I assumed too much of your capability.

Look at the diff's from release to release.

NEWS doesn't list just bug-fixes, either, but I concede that if one
knows very little of the topic area, one item looks much like another.

with a state-of-the-art compiler.

Again, works better than you're insinuating.

Doesn't work.

That's a very concise bug report, giving no specifics.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net