AC_C_CONST with C++

From: Lorenzo Bettini
Subject: AC_C_CONST with C++
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 22:07:08 +0100

Hi

I'm using this macro AC_C_CONST in a configure script of a program that uses both C and C++. Now, this macro, in case const is not handled by C, produces in config.h

/* Define to empty if `const' does not conform to ANSI C. */
#undef const

which gives problem when config.h is included in C++ programs since const is a C++ keyword. Couldn't this be handled like AC_C_INLINE which produces in config.h

/* Define to `__inline__' or `__inline' if that's what the C compiler
   calls it, or to nothing if 'inline' is not supported under any name.  */
#ifndef __cplusplus
#undef inline
#endif

i.e.

#ifndef __cplusplus
#undef const
#endif

thanks in advance
        Lorenzo

| Lorenzo Bettini          ICQ# lbetto, 16080134      |
| PhD in Computer Science, DSI, Univ. di Firenze      |
| Florence - Italy        (GNU/Linux User # 158233)   |
| http://www.lorenzobettini.it                        |
| http://tronprog.blogspot.com  BLOG                  |
| http://www.purplesucker.com Deep Purple Cover Band  |
| http://www.gnu.org/software/src-highlite            |