Re: error when using autoconf 2.60 or 2.61 with MSYS/MinGW

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: error when using autoconf 2.60 or 2.61 with MSYS/MinGW
Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 10:50:39 +0200

Hello Vincent,

* Vincent Torri wrote on Tue, May 08, 2007 at 09:12:45AM CEST:

> I have installed autoconf 2.60 on windows with MSYS/MinGW in /usr.

The fact that you have installed software in MSYS /usr makes your
question one that is appropriate on the MSYS or MinGW mailing lists,
rather than on the list of the software you installed.  IIRC MSYS treats
software in /bin /usr/bin specially, with respect to path translation
and the like.  Please install in /usr/local unless you know what you are
doing, and everything will work fine.  If not, then please report back.
(I think things are vaguely explained in the MinGW wiki or FAQ.)

Hope that helps.